Hands up if you devour The Collective each month like I do? How awesome is that magazine? I love how the content is all about game changers, thought leaders, rule breakers and style makers.
Recently I had the pleasure of meeting Lisa Messenger, the Founder and Editor in Chief of COLLECTIVE Hub. Lisa is a talented entrepreneur, author and speaker and she was also the keynote presenter at the Utopia Women’s Wellness event held in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago.
Lisa’s presentation ‘Anything Is Possible’ was inspirational to say the least. All of her tips resonated so deeply with me, especially her point about the importance of investing in yourself with personal development. I hope you find them inspirational as well.
I’m going to share with you her top tips right here in a rapid fire format!
- It’s imperative to be clear on your purpose (your WHY)
- Detach from the outcome
- Think about what is the best use of you?
- Fear, naivety shouldn’t hold you back
- What’s your currency; what can you use to leverage?
- Don’t underestimate the power of community
- Simplify and be disruptive
- Don’t overthink it
- Work with people who share similar values and belief systems
- Consider non-monetary partnerships
- Support each other – there is no competition
- Honour your commitments
- Invest in yourself with ongoing personal development
- Get out and back yourself
- Let your passion shine through in your story
- Feed your mind, body and soul
- Listen to yourself
- Start your day with something grounding
- Your health is number 1
- In life and entrepreneurial pursuits think blend vs balance
- Your time is important, how can you leverage it?
- Big vision and mechanics – your big vision will always stay the same but the mechanics of how you reach that vision will change
- Always trust your gut and your intuition – always.
What’s your favourite tip from Lisa?
Thanks to the team at Utopia for the opportunity to attend the Melbourne event and definitely check it out for yourself at either the upcoming Sydney or Brisbane event.